We are still taking online orders, but please allow a couple of days extra for delivery. Our shop remains closed for now.
The word perfectionist could not describe anybody better than it does Marie and Francois Giraud. The Girauds are chasing success and chasing it fast. For my part, I would say they have certainly achieved this ambition. However, I also know that they will not be content on making wine that they are proud of and mere mortals like me swoon over. They wants the Oscars. Indeed it was undoubtedly only a question of time before the Parker points hit big time and with them the all too predictable sudden interest from the cherry pickers.

All the vines are old here. The Tradition is a beautifully balanced, classically styled Chateauneuf-du-Pape, produced from a blend of 60% Grenache, 35% Syrah and 5% Mourvedre, of vines between 60 and 80 years. The Les Gallimardes takes its name from the lieu-dit where the 100 year old vines which make up 90% of the cuvee are grown. Syrah accounts for the remaining 10%. The Gallimardes is situated in the southern part of the appellation and has deep red clay soils covered with the typical Chateauneuf pudding stones. There is an extra intensity, ripeness and concentration here with a modern purity and harmony. Finally the Les Grenaches de Pierre is produced entirely from 100 year old Grenache vines, this time from the say soils in La Crau.
Order by   
Be the first to hear about our wine tasting events, offers & new imports
Join thousands of other wine lovers & subscribe to get news about our latest offerings, new vintages and tastings delivered straight to your inbox

Change delivery country

Please note: For deliveries outside the UK the buyer is responsible for any import duty within their country.